If you would like to pre-check your writing using Turnitin, go to www.turnitin.com and create an account for yourself. If your faculty member requires you to use Turnitin, please follow your professor's instructions.
- Click on the “Create Account” link in the upper right corner.
- On the next window, where it says “Create a New Account” choose the “Student” link.
- Follow the directions on the New User page. You must have a Class ID# (12518577) and a class enrollment password (writing) to complete your profile. (Do not cut and paste into these fields.)
- Once enrolled, your class will show on your homepage. The class name is Turnitin For Students.
- Click on the class name and you will see the assignments and submissions for that class. Make sure the "Class Portfolio" tab is selected at the top.
- Choose any assignment to upload your paper.
- Your Originality report will be ready in about 10 minutes. If you upload a revision to the same assignment, your report may take up to 24 hours.
If you already have a Turnitin account, click on the Enroll in a Class tab. Type in the enrollment ID and password (case-sensitive).
The class enrollment ID# is 12518577, and the enrollment password is writing.
Contact Theresa Warren by phone (800.861.6400, ext. 1228) or email (email@example.com) if you have any questions.